Okta SSO Integration
Okta is an identity management tool. It helps IT organizations scale and secure their user base easily, across different platforms. OpsGenie supports Single Sign-On with Okta, which means your organization can easily incorporate OpsGenie into your application base in Okta and let your users securely access OpsGenie.
For general information about OpsGenie's Single Sign-On feature, refer to the Single Sign-On with OpsGenie document. This document describes the specific instructions you can use to integrate Okta with OpsGenie SSO.
To configure Single Sign-On integration between your Okta and OpsGenie accounts, go to OpsGenie SSO page, select "Okta" as provider and follow the instructions.
Okta Integration Instructions
- In Okta, go to Applications page from Admin Dashboard. Click "Add Application" and then click "Create New App".
- Enter "OpsGenie" as App name. Click Next.
- Now in another tab go to OpsGenie SSO page. Copy the URL generated for Post Back URL.
- In Okta, paste the URL into "Single sign on URL".
- Paste https://app.opsgenie.com/auth/saml into "Audience URI (SP Entity ID)".
- Select EmailAddress as Name ID format.
- Click "Next" and Finish saving the app. Remember to assign the app to your users.
- Now in the opening Application page, click "View Setup Instructions" under "Sign On" tab.
- In the opening window, copy the url in the "Redirect Login URL" field.
- In OpsGenie, paste the url into "SAML 2.0 Endpoint" field.
- In Okta, copy the content of "X.509 Certificate".
- In OpsGenie, paste the certificate into "X.509 Certificate" field.
- Click "Save Changes".
That's all! Now you and your users can access OpsGenie from Okta directly.