Sensu is a tool for monitoring servers, services, application health, and business KPIs.
What does OpsGenie offer to Sensu users?
Sensu can send notifications of new events. With Sensu Integration, OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, notifying them using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created on Sensu, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Add Sensu integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie Sensu Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for Sensu alerts using the "Teams" field. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the API Key by clicking on the copy button or selecting.
- Click on "Save Integration".
Configuration on Sensu
- Sensu has a plugin to create and close alerts in OpsGenie.
- Install Sensu OpsGenie Plugin
- Configure your Sensu to use OpsGenie plugin.
- Plugin uses a json file as configuration.
- In configuration file, populate customerKey field with the API Key you copied.
- You can populate recipients, teams and tags to add them to the created alert.