Dynatrace is SaaS application monitoring and analytics for cloud natives. It gives total visibility into all dimensions of applications; from end-user to application deep dive to the network. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Dynatrace.
What does OpsGenie offers to Dynatrace users?
Using OpsGenie Dynatrace integration, Dynatrace sends its alerts to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, notifying them using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created on Dynatrace, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Add Dynatrace Integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie Dynatrace Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for Dynatrace alerts using the "Teams" and "Recipients" fields. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the Api URL by clicking on the copy button or selecting.
- Click on "Save Integration".
Configuration in Dynatrace
- In Dynatrace app, open Settings > Integration > Problem Notifications
- Click Set up notifications
- Click OpsGenie Integration
to OpsGenie API key field.
- Populate other fields, send test notification and save the Integration.