What does OpsGenie offer to Graylog users?
OpsGenie has a specific alert plugin for Graylog. Using this plugin, Graylog sends stream alerts to OpsGenie, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for Graylog alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in Graylog, an alert is also created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Installing the Plugin
Add Graylog integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to Graylog Integration page
- Specify who should be notified for Graylog alerts using the "Recipients" field. User(s), group(s), escalations policies and on-call schedules can be specified as the alert recipients. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the integration API Key by clicking on the copy button or selecting. You'll be using this in the Graylog configuration.
- Click "Save Integration".
Configuration on Graylog
- In Graylog, Go to Streams page and click "Manage alerts" on the stream you want to configure alerts.
- Under Callbacks, select OpsGenie alarm callback and click "Add callback".
- Paste the API key you copied into "OpsGenie API Key" field. You can optionally specify Recipients, Teams and Tags here also.
- Click Save.