OpsGenie keeps you aware and in control of any incident. While most of our integrations focus on DevOps and ITOps, we provide alerting and on-call management to any critical area of your business or life. Our customer success team has recently turned their attention to Business Operations and have proven that we easily integrate with Software AG’s WebMethods platform. Now, if an event or exception occurs in any business application or process managed via Webmethods, teams are alerted instantly through OpsGenie.
StatusCake is a website uptime and performance monitoring solution. You can gain invaluable insights into your website's performance and get alerted when things aren’t right. StatusCake is capable of sending email or SMS notifications. These are great.
In 1970, a series of devastating wildfires swept across California, destroying more than 700 homes over 775 square miles in 13 days with 13 fatalities, and resulting in more than $233 million in losses (over $1 billion in today’s dollars, adjusted for inflation). Thousands of firefighters from around the state and beyond responded, but found it very difficult to work together. They certainly knew how to fight fires, but lacked a common management framework that could scale up and down with the incident. They also lacked a standardized approach for incident leadership. Shortly thereafter, several fire service leaders created a revolutionary system for managing emergencies that range from the everyday fire and medical emergency to large-scale emergency events that make the national news. The Incident Command System (ICS) was born, which has since evolved into the Incident Management System (IMS).
This is that moment of the year when we try to wrap-up everything that has happened, reflect on the expectations we had in the beginning of 2017, the facts we are facing today, and the great challenges we are going to overcome in the year of 2018.
Technology Solutions Providers all around the world rely on ConnectWise technology stack to manage their business, sell more efficiently, automate service delivery, and remotely control technology to deliver amazing customer experiences.
OpsGenie provides unique incident response orchestration capabilities that complement ConnectWise products to prepare for incidents that have the potential to impact business. With OpsGenie’s ConnectWise certified app, you have all the data you need to analyze and resolve problems as well as the tools to develop incident response plans, collaborate and coordinate the response actions, and analyze response effectiveness.
ServiceNow is a service management platform that allows users to submit requests for technical support for hardware, software, applications, and more. Organizations around the world leverage its capabilities to consolidate systems and automate service management processes.
OpsGenie provides unique incident response orchestration and alert management capabilities that complement ServiceNow, enabling teams to prepare for and address incidents that have the potential to impact business. With OpsGenie’s ServiceNow certified app, users have all the data and tools to design actionable alerts and incidents, manage on-call schedules and escalations, and orchestrate communication and collaboration during incident resolution process.
- OpsGenie released two new RESTful API implementations: Custom User Roles API and Team Roles API.
- Implementations are designed according to RESTful API principles.
- For more information, please refer to related documentations: Custom User Role API, Team Role API
Upcoming Updates to the Visibility Constraints of Escalations and Schedules
- Effective from January 17, 2018 2PM UTC, the visibility constraints of the schedules and escalations will be updated for the sake of performance improvements. Alert notifications flow will not be affected in any manner. The update will affect the following configuration scenarios:
- Scenario 1: ... -> Escalation 1 -> Schedule 1 -> Escalation 2 -> ...
- Scenario 2: ... -> Schedule 1 -> Escalation 1 -> Schedule 2 -> ...
- Scenario 1:
- If Escalation 1 or Schedule 1 is assigned to a team that the user is member of, there will be no behavioural update.
- If a user is referenced by Escalation 2 but is not referenced by Escalation 1, Escalation 1 will not be displayed to the user on My Profile > Profile -> Escalations section.
- Scenario 2:
- If Schedule 1 or Escalation 1 is assigned to a team that the user is member of, there will be no behavioural update.
- If a user is referenced by Schedule 2 but is not referenced by Schedule 1, Schedule 1 will not be displayed to the user on My Profile > Profile -> Schedules and Who Is On Call > My Schedules sections.
Introducing OpsGenie's Incident Command Center
- We are proud to introduce our Incident Command Center (ICC)!
- ICC is a platform that enables Incident Commanders to command, control and coordinate incident response, and Responders from multiple teams to effectively collaborate by providing integrated communications and incident management tools.
- Using ICC, you can leverage OpsGenie’s native video conference tool (OpsGenie Hosted Bridge) and enhance incident response orchestration and collaboration with your teammates and/or other teams.
- To learn more, please visit ICC documentation.
XebiaLabs XL Release Integration
XebiaLabs XL Release is an end-to-end pipeline orchestration tool for Continuous Delivery and DevOps teams. It is designed to integrate with your change and release management tools and handles automated tasks, manual tasks, complex dependencies, and release trains.
You can easily integrate XL Release with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created by XL Release.
- For more information, please refer to our XL Release integration guide.
Enhanced Chat Integrations with Team Specified Alert Listing
- Our Slack, Microsoft Teams, HipChat and Mattermost integrations now have the capability to list the given team's alerts according to your query.
- Users can filter their alerts per team using the newly introduced functionality.
- For more information, please refer to each integration's guide.
- Humio is a log management application for querying, aggregating, and visualizing your application data instantly, on-premise or in the cloud.
- You can easily integrate Humio with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created by Humio.
- For more information, please refer to our Humio integration guide.
New Alert & Notification Policies
- Policies are revised and redesigned in terms of functionality and UX.
- Modify Policies are replaced with Alert Policies by merging the Teams and Recipientsfields into a single Responders field that can include both teams and users. Alert Policiescan be configured and assigned to specific teams. Team admins or team members with the related right can also create and configure Alert Policies for their own teams.
- Suppress, Delay, Alert Count, Auto Restart and Auto Close Policies are replaced with Notification Policies so that the same functionalities can be achieved via a single configuration type.
- Notification Policies are now team-segmented configurations. Team admins or team members with the related right can create and configure Notification Policies for their own teams.
- Customers that were signed up before January 29, 2018 1PM UTC are able to configure and work with the old policies, but meanwhile they can create and configure New Alert & Notification Policies. Account owners and admins can explicitly switch their accounts to use new policies while creating alerts.
- Maintenances can now be configured and assigned to specific teams. Team admins or team members with the related right can also create and configure maintenance for their own teams. A team maintenance can only enable/disable team policies and team integrations.
Speed of execution is the greatest strength of the agile companies. When we look at the Agile and DevOps mindset, we can see that the sole purpose of all these movements is to make things faster without sacrificing quality.
Have you ever felt constrained by the tools you use? Have there been tasks that you wanted to complete, but couldn’t because the tool at hand was not flexible? Have you ever used services that barely meet your minimum requirements? Or have you used a service that seemed to meet your needs but actually restricted you in a different way? If you answered any of these questions with “yes”, then we have good news for you. There are tools that truly adapt to your needs such as OpsGenie.
One of the trends we at OpsGenie are observing is that incident response teams are becoming more complex. They can be widely distributed, made up of different levels of employees, and can even have contractors and temporary employees as members. Greater flexibility is needed when assigning permissions and access rights.
Custom Team Roles and Redesign of Teams Dashboard
- New customizable team roles which will give you more granular control over what each of your team members has access to, which ensures that only those authorized to make changes to configurations, like routing rules, escalations, and on-call schedules within your account, can do so.
- New look & feel of the Teams Dashboard to simplify access and improve navigation. What was once a single page has now been separated into a tabbed browsing view allowing direct access to the related configurations.
- For more information, please refer to our documentation.
BMC FootPrints v12 Integration
- BMC FootPrints is an incident and problem management solution.
- You can easily integrate BMC FootPrints v12 with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an incident or problem is triggered by BMC FootPrints.
- For more information, please refer to our BMC FootPrints v12 integration guide.
New REST API for Service Domain
- OpsGenie released new REST API for Service domain.
- You can now execute CRUD operations for your Services, that is creating, reading, updating and deleting your services and its content.
- Implementations are designed according to RESTful API standards. You can refer here for general and domain specific documentations.
Outgoing Integration Trigger Updates
- OpsGenie now sends outgoing integration callbacks when an alert is routed to a new team via escalations or schedules.
- Previously, outgoing integrations were triggered for new teams if and only if they were added via Add Team action.
- You can refer Outgoing Integration Triggers for further details.
BMC FootPrints v11 Integration
- BMC FootPrints is an incident and problem management solution.
- You can easily integrate BMC FootPrints v11 with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an incident or problem is triggered by BMC FootPrints.
- For more information, please refer to our BMC FootPrints v11 integration guide.
Enhanced Webhook Integration
- OpsGenie now allows you to send alert description and extra properties in the Webhook payload.
- You can easily enable/disable sending the description and extra properties of alert messages from the Webhook Integration page.
- You can find more information about the new feature here.
Enhanced Chat Integrations with List Teams Functionality
- Our Slack, Microsoft Teams, HipChat and Mattermost integrations now have the capability to list teams according to your query.
- Users could filter their teams using the newly introduced comparison operators begins with and contains to obtain refined results.
- For more information, please refer to each integration's guide.
Defining the priority of alerts and incidents properly is one of the most critical steps of incident response process. The right alert priorities help the response teams better utilize their most crucial resource - time. Filtering out low priority issues helps with understanding the overall system health, concentrating on the critical problems, and avoiding alert fatigue. These benefits are enough to explain why using the priority field properly is crucial.
We’re thrilled to announce the release of our advanced reporting and analytics capabilities which let you analyze your incident response with a variety of granular reports! Powered by Looker’s data visualization and exploration features, our new platform unlocks your Operations data and enables self-service analytics through unique features such as:
- Powerful visualizations: Our new platform provides many different visualizations you can use to make sense of your data. From cartesian charts to pie and donut charts to timelines and tables, your data is visualized in various ways to help you gain fast insights.
Let’s face it, if you’re reading this article, you’re probably a part of an IT team or familiar with the concept of an Incident. They define the “uncertainty” dimension in your company, and its reputation is determined by how you manage those times of uncertainty. Incidents are the nightmare of the DevOps crew who manages them, and just a state of disappointment for the customer who’s on the receiving end of your service. During a major incident, communicating the misfortune between security experts and corporate stakeholders gains further significance. To manage these times of uncertainty, you must rely upon fail-proof systems which are able to effectively deliver communication between multiple stakeholders. Thus, while the experts are working to resolve the issue, your corporate communication teams must deliver the correct message so that the public opinion is shaped by the disaster response efforts. It’s the difference between letting the public know that the flight is in turbulence instead of a nosedive. A company’s response to a crisis is not a mere coincidence, but a reflection of the efforts taken to mitigate the possibility of a collapse.
Chat applications are integral parts of an incident management system. As their popularity increases, aim to understand their capabilities and make the most out of them.
OpsGenie recently published a tech brief called “Six Must-Haves When Using Slack® for Incident Management” which presents essential features of an incident management system’s chat application to help you respond to incidents faster. In this blog post, the goal is to focus on one of those six features, Control Access.
You have accounts in your chat application (Slack, HipChat / Stride, MS Teams, etc.) and OpsGenie. These integrations are ideally bi-directional, meaning you receive notifications and take actions from within the chat application. OpsGenie identifies which user is executing the actions because of the reasons explained in this next section.
Splunk makes it simple to collect, analyze, and act upon the untapped value of the big data generated by technology infrastructures, security systems, and business applications. Organizations around the world leverage Splunk’s capabilities to gain better visibility across large infrastructures and to analyze and troubleshoot problems more quickly.
OpsGenie provides unique incident response orchestration capabilities that complement Splunk to prepare for incidents that have the potential to impact business. With OpsGenie’s Splunk certified app, you have all the data you need to analyze and resolve problems as well as the tools to develop incident response plans, collaborate and coordinate the response actions, and analyze response effectiveness.
OpsGenie is not a lonely cowboy. Many tools are becoming at the center of our IT world day by day and we need to adapt to them as soon as possible. This is where OpsGenie integrations and our Playground come into play. OpsGenie integrates with many tools that have specific monitoring capabilities and notification/ticketing systems to make everything related to incident response easier.
Incident response is the process of identifying, investigating, and responding to the issues and events that disrupt or have the potential to disrupt normal service operation. There are a handful of universal challenges with which almost every incident response team struggles. Addressing these common problems can help organizations reduce their incident resolution times, minimize cost, and prevent decay of their company’s reputation. In this post, we take a look at five of the most common of these problems.
Technology is now a central concern of almost every organization’s operations. DevOps teams are increasingly the ones responsible for building, deploying, testing, monitoring, and supporting unique solutions — for both internal and external customers. DevOps roles can include Development, IT Operations, System Administration, Quality Assurance, and even Customer Support.
The broad range and scope of these activities would seem to stretch DevOps time and resources far beyond their snapping points. That’s why integrating good monitoring, alerting, and notification tools can be indispensable to a DevOps team.
Why integrate monitoring tool with an alerting and incident response platform
Heartbeats via Email
- Heartbeats can now be pinged by sending built-in emails to OpsGenie.
- While creating Heartbeats on OpsGenie, you will see the built-in email address configured according to your account and heartbeat name. Note that heartbeat name should be correctly formatted according to RFC 822 standards to use this feature.
Azure Service Health Integration
- Azure Service Health provides personalized guidance and support when issues in Azure services affect you, and helps you prepare for upcoming planned maintenance.
- You can easily integrate Azure Service Health with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created from Azure Service Health.
- For more information, please refer to our Azure Service Health integration guide.
Enhanced ConnectWise Manage Integration
- ConnectWise Manage is a platform that helps you manage your business, sell more effectively, automate service delivery, and control technology effectively.
- Using OpsGenie's enhanced bi-directional ConnectWise Manage integration, an alert can be created in OpsGenie automatically when a ticket is created in ConnectWise Manage, or vice-versa.
- Actions can be mapped between the systems so when they are taken in either system, OpsGenie will synchronize both systems to reflect the changes.
- For more information, please refer to our ConnectWise Manage integration guide.
- Apica Synthetic Monitoring proactively monitors your websites, applications, and APIs around the clock and identifies availability and performance issues before they affect your customers.
- You can easily integrate Apica Synthetic Monitoring with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created by Apica Synthetic Monitoring.
- For more information, please refer to our Apica Synthetic Monitoring integration guide.
New Reporting and Analytics
- We are pleased to announce the release of our new Reporting and Analytics capabilities!
- Powered by Looker’s data visualization and exploration features, our new platform unlocks your Operations data and enables self-service analytics through unique features.
- Watch this video to learn how to leverage your data to drive Operations decisions now!
We value being an early-adopter at OpsGenie. We try to enhance our integrations as soon as possible so that our customers can access to the latest capabilities provided by our partners.
Slack recently introduced a new feature, Dialogs, and we are proud to announce that OpsGenie’s Slack App integration is already updated to leverage the new Dialogs functionality! After Slack introduced Dialogs, we got really excited since we had a use-case built for it. If you ask what that feature means, we can simply explain it as a new interactive model which is able to get different information from you and then forward that information directly to the application. Usage of Dialogs is a perfect way to perform "Add Note" actions on an OpsGenie alert in your Slack channel in a more user-friendly way. Even before Slack introduced the Dialogs feature, we allowed the user to add notes to alerts by using slash commands. However, the new way is definitely easier to use.
As an Incident Response Orchestration platform, ensuring fast response to incidents is crucial to us. Incidents can happen anywhere anytime; hence, we have been working eagerly to harmonize our platform with new products in a sustainable manner, specifically with the ones in ITSM domain.
We've all been hearing the keywords Swagger, API, and REST for a while. They became a part of our daily buzzword stack, and their popularity is not decreasing at all! Before starting to throw out these words, we wanted to share how OpsGenie came across and decided to implement them.
Let’s say you want to create a brand new Slack app. You are a cool developer, so you want to make it serverless. An obvious choice, nowadays, seems to be using AWS’s Lambda together with its API Gateway service.
So far, so good.
Enhanced Freshdesk Integration
- Our integration with Freshdesk now supports action mappings!
- You can now change your Freshdesk ticket status to Close, Resolve or Pending and add Notes to it using OpsGenie alert management system.
- For more information please visit Freshdesk integration documentation.
- SaltStack is an intelligent orchestration and configuration management software that delivers scalable, event-driven automation for the software-defined data center.
- You can easily integrate SaltStack with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from SaltStack by using Salt States and Salt’s Event Reactor.
- For more information, please refer to our SaltStack integration guide.
- LibreNMS is an autodiscovering PHP/MySQL/SNMP based network monitoring which includes support for a wide range of network hardware and operating systems including Cisco, Linux, Juniper, Foundry, and many more.
- You can easily integrate your LibreNMS server with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is triggered in LibreNMS.
- You can also configure our LibreNMS integration package which includes Marid that enables a bi-directional integration with LibreNMS. This way, you can map OpsGenie actions to LibreNMS’s acknowledge/unmute actions.
- You can find more information about the integration here.
Enhanced Slack App Integration with Dialogs
- Slack recently introduced dialogs as new interactive modals that can capture multiple pieces of information.
- We enhanced our Slack App integration to support dialogs to let you easily add notes to your alerts.
- For more information, please refer to our updated Slack App integration guide.
Bidirectional PRTG Integration
- PRTG integration is now bidirectional!
- We also introduced action mapping feature to our PRTG integration! With this feature, you have the ability to specify which PRTG actions should be executed automatically for various OpsGenie actions.
- Refer to PRTG integration documentation for more details.
Slack App Integration Enhancements
- We now support Incident and Mass Notification specific messages and actions in our Slack App integration!
- With this enhancement, when an incident occurs, you can see it in your Slack channels indicated as “New Incident” and you can take incident specific actions from Slack channels using buttons.
- Same is true for Mass Notifications! They are now indicated as “New Mass Notification” in your Slack channels and you can close these notifications directly in Slack.
- For more information, please refer to the documentation of Slack App Integration.
When dealing with global systems that are mission critical, having teams in different time-zones becomes unavoidable. Many of our customers are configuring their teams in OpsGenie by keeping this in mind so that the right people can be notified at the right time - it’s not necessary to wake someone up when there is another teammate that’s already awake and working!
At OpsGenie, we do our best to tightly integrate with new and popular tools. One of these tools is Microsoft Teams. Microsoft Teams is a chat tool for Microsoft Office 365 and is used for communication between teams.
- Trace by RisingStack is a debugger and monitoring solution for your Node.js apps and microservices.
- You can integrate Trace with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Trace.
- For more information about Trace integration, please visit our Trace integration guide.
Amazon CloudWatch Events Integration
- AWS CloudWatch Events helps you to respond to state changes in your AWS resources.
- You can easily integrate AWS CloudWatch Events with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created from AWS CloudWatch Events.
- For more information please visit AWS CloudWatch Events Integration Document.
- Freshservice is a plug and play ITIL service desk on the cloud.
- We introduced action mapping feature to our Freshservice integration! With this feature, you have the ability to specify which Freshservice actions to execute for various OpsGenie actions.
- For more information, please refer to our Freshservice integration guide.
- GitHub is a web-based Git or version control repository and Internet hosting service.
- You can easily integrate GitHub with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from GitHub for push, issue open/close and pull request open/close events.
- You can find more information about the integration here.
- Heartbeats and Heartbeat Integrations can now be assigned to specific teams.
- Team admins can create and configure heartbeats and heartbeat integrations for their own teams. Authorization constraints of the heartbeats are the same as escalations, schedules and integrations.
- When a team heartbeat is expired or pinged, the heartbeat integration that is owned by the same team executes its related alert action.
- You can refer to Heartbeat Monitoring for further details.
Configurable Alert Messages on Slack
- OpsGenie announces the support for configurable alert messages on Slack!
- Now, you can see the alert description, routed teams and the source integration information on the new alert messages on Slack.
- You can easily enable/disable showing the description, routed teams or tags of alert messages from the Slack Integration page.
- You can find more information about the new feature here.
Bidirectional SolarWinds MSP N-central Integration
- SolarWinds MSP N-central integration is now bidirectional!
- With this enhancement, updates to OpsGenie alerts can now update the SolarWinds MSP N-central notifications as well.
- Refer to SolarWinds MSP N-central integration documentation for more details.
Previously in our blog, we discussed why it is crucial to have a powerful incident response orchestration platform and why effective planning, automation, and communications are the keys to successful incident management. In this blog, we’ll explain how OpsGenie’s Incident Response Platform enables you to achieve these goals.
OpsGenie is extremely proud to announce our new Incident Response Orchestration platform and to tell you why we created it.Why OpsGenie is Introducing this Platform
For years, we had this vision. We analyzed market trends and needs, and we listened to our customers to understand how they work — and how they can work even more efficiently. We have also been doing our own incident response management for many years: we learned so much from those experiences. We knew that we needed a powerful, effective incident response orchestration platform as much as our customers did! All this helped us tremendously while we were defining our goals and designing our new system to provide a best in class solution.
- RingCentral is a provider of cloud-based phone systems for businesses.
- You can integrate RingCentral with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when there is a missed call, voicemail, fax or text message.
- For more information about RingCentral integration, please visit RingCentral integration guide.
- OP5 Monitor is a software product for server, Network monitoring and management based on the Open Source project Nagios.
- You can integrate OP5 with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on OP5 and send alert updates from OpsGenie to OP5.
- For more information about OP5 integration, please visit OP5 integration guide.
RingCentral Glip Integration
- RingCentral Glip gives you team messaging with file sharing, task management, and screen sharing in one collaboration tool.
- You can integrate RingCentral Glip with OpsGenie and send messages to RingCentral Glip from OpsGenie when an alert is created, closed, acknowledged, assigned or any other alert action is executed in OpsGenie.
- For more information about RingCentral Glip integration, please visit RingCentral Glip integration guide.
Kayako Bidirectional Integration
- Kayako is an effortless customer service software that helps teams be more productive and build customer loyalty.
- We introduced action mapping feature to our Kayako integration! With this feature, you have the ability to specify which Kayako actions to execute for OpsGenie actions.
- For more information, please refer to our updated Kayako integration guide.
Microsoft Teams Integration
- Microsoft Teams is a group chat software that is naturally integrated with the familiar Microsoft Office applications.
- You can integrate Microsoft Teams with OpsGenie and get notified through Microsoft Teams when an alert action is executed in OpsGenie.
- You can also execute actions on OpsGenie alerts within Microsoft Teams via our Microsoft Teams bot “Genie”.
- For more information about our Microsoft Teams integration, please visit our integration document.
New Incident Response Orchestration Platform!
- We are pleased to announce that we just launched our new service management and incident response orchestration capabilities!
- The new solution gives you a comprehensive, centralized view of your organization’s service infrastructure and streamlines your incident response orchestration.
- With this new system, you can organize, correlate, and resolve incidents faster while communicating them with different types of stakeholders and incident responders through different ways rapidly and easily.
- For more information, please visit our Incident Response Orchestration page!
- Jenkins helps to automate the non-human part of software development process, with continuous integration and facilitating technical aspects of continuous delivery.
- You can integrate Jenkins with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when a build message is created on Jenkins.
- For further information, please visit our Jenkins Integration documentation.
- Loom is an AI-powered log analysis solution that gives a heads up when there may be a problem within a digital system.
- You can integrate Loom with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Loom.
- For more information about Loom integration, please visit Loom integration guide.
BMC Remedy Integration
- BMC Remedy is a digital service management platform built for boosting workforce productivity.
- OpsGenie now provides a powerful two-way integration with BMC Remedy! You now have the ability to specify which BMC Remedy actions to execute for OpsGenie actions thanks to action mapping feature within Marid package for BMC Remedy. Moreover, you can run the default script provided by OpsGenie or you can use your custom script in order to execute actions in BMC Remedy.
- For more information, please refer to our BMC Remedy integration guide.
VMware vCenter Server Appliance Integration
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance is a preconfigured Linux virtual machine, which is optimized for running VMware vCenter Server® and the associated services on Linux.
- You can integrate VMware vCenter Server Appliance with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alarm is triggered in VMware vCenter Server Appliance.
- For further information, please visit our VMware vCenter Server Virtual Appliance Integration guide.
- Opsview is a Nagios-based, enterprise-grade IT monitoring tool. Opsview offers historical reporting, business service monitoring and dashboards.
- OpsGenie now has a powerful integration with Opsview.
- With this integration, you can get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created in Opsview.
- For further information, please visit our Opsview Integration guide.
No serious IT company is doing business where incident response management isn’t at the center of their operations anymore. Hence, OpsGenie has taken up an important role in this endeavor. Now, it’s crucial for the center piece (OpsGenie) to be able to integrate with many products and services such as monitoring, metrics analysis, logging, ticketing, etc., bringing the operations workflow together.
You’ve heard the stories and the legends. You may even have had a long, incident-free summer, but you’re a veteran: you know that a long summer can mean a much longer winter. And you know how the cold and exposure of a long winter can burn both your products and your organization.
As the saying goes, or, as our Valyrian translator tells me the saying goes, “ Incidents issi māzis.” Incidents are coming…
SolarWinds MSP N-central Integration
- SolarWinds MSP N-central is a powerful RRM platform which can be customized to fit user’s needs. SolarWinds® MSP N-central gives you the tools you need to handle these complex environments, including drag-and-drop automation, device settings and profiles, patch management, and more.
- You can integrate SolarWinds® MSP N-central with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an issue is created on SolarWinds® MSP N-central.
- For further information, you can visit our SolarWinds® MSP N-central integration guide.
Autotask AEM Integration
- Autotask Endpoint Management (AEM) is a SaaS IT management tool that provides you with complete visibility and control of all of the endpoints that you support, from servers, to desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other networked devices.
- You can integrate Autotask AEM with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Autotask AEM.
- For more information about AEM integration, please visit our integration guide.
- Uptrends is a powerful Website & Web Application monitoring tool which captures the data that your team needs to maximize your website, server, and web service uptime and performance.
- You can integrate Uptrends with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Uptrends.
- For further information, you can visit our Uptrends Integration Guide.
The OpsGenie Slack App is frequently a featured app in Slack’s App directory. The reason for this is our continuous focus on this popular integration. We want our users to have a seamless experience with it.
At OpsGenie, we try to continuously enhance our integrations as well as add as much functionality as we can to them. In this blog post, we talk about our latest enhancement to OpsGenie’s ServiceNow integration: User & Group Synchronization.
A couple of months ago, we introduced the Action Mapping feature for OpsGenie’s outbound integrations with Cloud-based products. Now, we are proud to announce that the action mappings feature is also available for on-premise product integrations, through the Marid integration tool! In this blog post, we’ll explain how this works in OpsGenie’s on-premise JIRA integration. In order to support the same functionality for JIRA’s self-hosted, on-premises product, we decided to add the action mappings feature to JIRA’s Marid package.
Enhanced Zendesk Integration
- Our integration with Zendesk now supports action mappings! You can now select what should be done automatically in Zendesk when an OpsGenie action is executed.
- For more information please visit Zendesk integration document.
Enhanced ServiceNow Integration
- Our ServiceNow integration now supports synchronizing your users and groups in ServiceNow with OpsGenie!
- We create a user in OpsGenie for each user in ServiceNow and we create a team in OpsGenie for each group in ServiceNow.
- For more information please check out User & Group Synchronization (Optional) section of the documentation.
Dynatrace AppMon Integration
- Dynatrace AppMon provides deep application monitoring and performance lifecycle management.
- You can integrate Dynatrace AppMon with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Dynatrace AppMon.
- For more information please visit Dynatrace AppMon Integration guide.
Enhanced On-Premise Zendesk Integration
- We introduced action mapping feature within Marid package for Zendesk! With this feature, you have the ability to specify which Zendesk actions to execute for OpsGenie actions.
- You can run the default script provided by OpsGenie or you can use your custom script in order to execute actions in Zendesk.
- For more information, please refer to Integration via Marid section of Zendesk integration guide.
Updates on the User Structure and Users Page
- Users Page is re-designed with a new look & feel. You can refer to Managing Users for further information and guidance.
- Users can now be searched and filtered via search queries. You can refer here for further information.
- Custom roles can now be configured with the following additional rights:
- Managing Billing / Subscription
- Editing Contacts
- Editing Profile
- Observer role is now available as a new default role. Observers are read-only users that can only receive notifications for Mass Notification events. You can refer here for further information about user roles.
A New Version of Graylog Plugin Released
- OpsGenie’s alert plugin for Graylog now uses the new OpsGenie REST API!
- The plugin supports Graylog versions 2.0.0 and later.
- In the new version, alert priorities can be specified on the configuration page.
- The alert “Recipients” field is removed from the configuration page since it is deprecated in OpsGenie’s REST API.
- You can download the new plugin from here. You can refer here for further information.
- OpsDash is a next-gen solution for server monitoring, database monitoring, service monitoring and app metric monitoring all in one.
- You can integrate OpsDash with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on OpsDash.
- To learn more about OpsDash integration, please visit OpsDash integration guide.
New Versions of OpsGenie Client Libraries are Now Available
- All client libraries now use the new OpsGenie REST API for alerts and heartbeats.
- Please refer to the documentation for further details:
Dynatrace AppMon Bidirectional Integration
- Dynatrace AppMon integration is now bidirectional.
- Updates to alerts in OpsGenie can now update the incidents in Dynatrace AppMon as well.
- Refer to Dynatrace AppMon integration documentation for more details.
- Detectify is a SaaS based web application service that analyzes the security status of your website and creates a report with the results.
- You can integrate Detectify with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Detectify.
- For more information about Detectify integration, please visit Detectify integration guide.
Azure Operations Management Suite Integration
- Azure Operations Management Suite (also known as OMS) is a collection of management services that were designed in the cloud. OMS components are entirely hosted in Azure.
- You can integrate Azure OMS with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Azure OMS.
- For further information, you can visit Azure OMS Integration Guide.
- Codeship rebuilds your application on its secure servers and runs your automated tests, when you push your code to GitHub (or Bitbucket). If the tests fail, it notifies your development team via email or integration.
- You can integrate Codeship with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when a build message is created on Codeship.
- For further information, you can visit our Codeship Integration guide.
You’ve been using OpsGenie for a while now. You’re probably getting pretty good at it. You connected it to your monitoring and other tools. You set up alerts and schedules and teaming features. You’ve seen the differences it makes in your response times -- and in your sleep patterns.
Yes: you know how to make OpsGenie do some stuff, but you wonder if there are other ways that you can use OpsGenie… different ways of doing things in OpsGenie… better ways of doing them… best practices?
On-Premise JIRA Integration
- Our JIRA Integration has Marid support from now on! With Marid utility, you can use our integration for on-premise JIRA, as well.
- Moreover, new action mapping feature is brought within Marid package for JIRA since our JIRA Integration supports the action mappings. With this feature, you have the ability to specify which JIRA actions to execute for OpsGenie actions.
- You can run the default script provided by OpsGenie in the package or your own custom script in order to execute actions in JIRA. For more information, please refer to Integration via Marid section of JIRA integration guide.
StruxureWare Data Center Expert Integration
- StruxureWare Data Center Expert is easy to use and deploy with a user-friendly interface to monitor, manage and control the hundreds or thousands of devices a company might have from a wide range of manufacturers. These devices include equipment that provides power, cooling, security and environmental monitoring.
- You can integrate StruxureWare Data Center Expert with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on StruxureWare Data Center Expert.
- For more information please visit StruxureWare Data Center Expert Integration guide.
OpsGenie Rest API is Now Available for All Domains
- OpsGenie released new RESTful API implementations that are designed according to RESTful principles to improve API availability, reliability and scalability. You can refer here for general and domain specific documentations.
- Older implementations of all API domains are now deprecated, meaning that new features and improvements from now on will not be available through the old API versions.
- Accounts that are signed up after May 30, 2017 will not be able to access older API implementations for any domain.
The need to synchronize the life cycles of both sides of our integrations made our system even more sophisticated!
When you provide SaaS that is integrated with other systems, services, and tools -- such as Datadog, New Relic, Nagios etc. -- flexibility, adaptability, and easy configurability become essential attributes of your service. These attributes help you do the necessary job more efficiently -- and help you supply customer needs more effectively.
Since integrations have an extensive coverage in what OpsGenie provides, we value the quality and the efficiency of our integrations. Because of this approach we put a lot of effort to enhance our integration framework. One of these recent enhancements has been providing “Action Mappings” in integrations.
OpsGenie is proud to introduce its new community platform which allows users to engage with a variety of monitoring, ticketing and collaboration tools to better understand how they can be utilized in the OpsGenie platform.
Falls Church, VA – April 13, 2017 – OpsGenie announced today, the official opening of its new Community-based platform. The Community provides a collaborative environment where visitors can explore the use of tools involved in the incident response process, try out OpsGenie integrations and collaborate with other OpsGenie users.
At OpsGenie, it is important for us to provide the best user experience and to keep our integrations up-to-date. We are an early adopter of the newest features released by the companies with which we integrate.
OpsGenie’s Slack App is one of the most popular integrations with our customers. The Slack integration allows users to forward alerts to Slack channels, and then lets them interact with those alerts -- using either slash commands or Slack buttons. For more information, you can refer to ChatOps with Slack and OpsGenie page.
Today OpsGenie announces its new integration with Slack’s Message Menus, an interactive menu feature. Now, a simple set of menus lets you easily perform Assign, Take Ownership, and Snooze actions on alerts in the OpsGenie Slack App.
Nowadays, in the broad IT technology market, large numbers of Managed Service Providers (MSPs) supply services for a wide variety of functions, such as monitoring, network, backup, and many others. Each MSP faces various challenges and has multiple goals to reach. MSPs can easily reach their goal of improving incident management for their customers, however, with the new OpsGenie MSP solution.
Enhanced JIRA Service Desk Integration
- Our integration with JIRA Service Desk now supports issue resolution in JIRA Service Desk. You can configure the integration to resolve an issue automatically by closing an OpsGenie alert.
- We also brought action mapping feature to our JIRA Service Desk integration. Now you can select what to do in JIRA Service Desk when an OpsGenie action is executed.
- For more information please visit our JIRA Service Desk integration document.
Enhanced JIRA Integration
- Our JIRA Integration is now bi-directional!
- We also brought action mapping feature to our JIRA integration. With this enhancement, you can now select what should be done automatically in JIRA when an OpsGenie action is executed.
- For more information please visit our JIRA integration document.
Manual Alert Creation From The OpsGenie Mobile Apps
- We are pleased to announce that you can now create alerts manually from our mobile apps!
- This feature and various other improvements are now available with OpsGenie Android v2.2.9 and OpsGenie iOS v2.2.5.
- You can upgrade your mobile apps to the latest versions via Apple App Store or Google Play Store!
- XMPP/Jabber is the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol, a set of open technologies for instant messaging, presence, multi-party chat, voice and video calls, collaboration, lightweight middleware, content syndication, and generalized routing of XML data.
- OpsGenie now integrates with XMPP/Jabber. With this integration, OpsGenie's alert notifications go right into your XMPP/Jabber chat rooms.
- For more information, please visit XMPP/Jabber Integration document.
OpsGenie Slack App Updates
- OpsGenie announces its new integration with Slack’s Message Menus, an interactive menu feature.
- Now, a simple set of menus lets you easily perform Assign, Take Ownership, and Snooze actions on alerts in the OpsGenie Slack App.
- For more information, see our New OpsGenie Slack App Interactive Menus blog post.
- Uptime is an uptime and performance monitoring tool.
- You can integrate Uptime with OpsGenie and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on Uptime.
- For more information please visit Uptime Integration guide.
- Track-It! is a centralized help desk and customer ticketing management system that enables you to control and seamlessly manage the flow of sales and support emails your customers and prospects are sending your business.
- You can integrate Track-It! with your OpsGenie account and create or update Track-It! workflows by sending alerts and alert actions from OpsGenie.
- For more information, please visit our Track-It! Integration guide.
Jitsi Video Bridge
- OpsGenie’s integration with Jitsi allows you to join a video bridge from an alert. Communicating with your teammates during an incident becomes easier!
- For more information, please visit Jitsi as a Video Bridge guide.
- Note: This feature is currently available for beta testers. If you are interested in becoming a beta tester for Jitsi Video Bridge, please contact us!
Falls Church, VA – March 27, 2017 – OpsGenie announced today at the MSPWorld 2017 Conference in New Orleans, the release of its new Managed Service Provider (MSP) solution to allow MSPs to extend sophisticated incident response management services to their customers.
OpsGenie is an incident response management platform, and the new solution introduces a plan that offers OpsGenie to MSP customers as a free service.
The solution synchronizes alerts between MSPs and their customer accounts, enabling seamless collaboration without compromising data privacy or control over workflows. It keeps everyone updated on incidents: MSPs can forward alerts to their customers, and OpsGenie routes information about customer responses and actions back to the MSP. The solution also lets MSP customers escalate alerts to their MSP -- either automatically or manually. Alert updates keep customers informed about progress made by their MSP.
Hi, I’m Serhat from OpsGenie. I recently had the chance to go to Atlassian’s Connect Week event. I will try to share my experience at this amazing event.
I arrived in Amsterdam on Saturday afternoon and had the chance to visit lots of great places like the Van Gogh museum, the Rijksmuseum, the Heineken Experience…
- CloudSploit is a security and configuration scanner that can detect hundreds of threats in your Amazon Web Services (AWS) account.
- You can integrate CloudSploit with your OpsGenie account and get notifications from OpsGenie when an alert is created on CloudSploit.
- For more information please visit CloudSploit Integration Document.
- Escalate to Next action is added as an option to alert voice notifications. If there is any ongoing escalation flow for an alert, Escalate to Next action will be available as an option. You can refer Voice Notifications for further information.
- Matches Regex condition operation is now available for input fields with List types for the conditions of integration actions, alert & notification policies, team routing rules and notification rules. If any element of the input field with List type matches the given regular expression, the condition will be satisfied.
HipChat Add-On Updates
- OpsGenie now supports the HipChat collapsed message style to avoid any possible noise in the room. To use the new message style, existing HipChat Add-On users need to update their integration by enabling the "use collapsed messages" option.
- Unacknowledge action is now available in the HipChat sidebar.
- Acknowledge, Unacknowledge and Close actions are now available in the sidebar list view to allow quick action execution.
JIRA Service Desk Integration Update
- Using our updated JIRA Service Desk Integration, you can now create issues in JIRA Service Desk from alerts in OpsGenie.
- For more information please visit JIRA Service Desk Integration Document.
New Alerts Page!
Since introducing new version of the alerts page, we've received lots of valuable feedback from our customers, and we've come up with a fresh version, which we feel suits the product better. Our intention was to create a cleaner design and a better layout to help you handle your alerts in a more efficient way!